Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No Title Comes to Mind

Our neighbors' dog decided to take up howling this morning. For no apparent reason, he has a bout of howls every 5-10 minutes. Mournful ones, as if someone has kicked him and stolen his mother. Henry sits at the back door, looking into the yard with his ears up. I don't know what he's thinking, but he doesn't bark or yowl back. For this I am grateful.

The other thing for which I am grateful is the above. Fresh tomatoes, fresh basil from our pot garden, olive oil, cheese and a little bit of salt. Broiled for a bit and then eaten while they're all drippy and delicious. And the ones below have herbed goat cheese, which is cheap-ish at the commissary. I treat myself well.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh man that looks tasty. I'd like some right now. Also, how can I grow my own basil???