Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's Not You, It's Pensacola... Except When it's You...

I received the following email today:

Dear Rebekah,

Thank you for submitting your resume to HealthPort for consideration.

We are fortunate to have many qualified candidates apply to each of our positions. We have reviewed the qualifications of each candidate and after careful consideration, we have determined that the credentials of other candidates may better fit our needs at this time.

Please accept our best wishes and thank your for your interest in HealthPort.

Cordially,
Human Resources
HealthPort


I do not remember applying to this company, which means it was in my last round of "I-can't-get-a-job panic" applications. Which was well over a year ago. Over a year, folks.

I've realized that long-delayed rejection isn't so bad. In fact, it makes me feel better about myself that this company is that disorganized. "Hah," I say to myself, "I may not have a big girl job, but I sure am more organized than that! They couldn't even handle my put-togetherness."

So I'll just put on my pencil skirt and pantyhose and make dinner tonight. Barefoot, un-employed and in the (well-organized) kitchen. Boo-ya!

1 comment:

marigirl said...

ha, seriously! besides, what are big girl jobs, really, but a lot of stress? blah! you cook that dinner in your pencil skirt!!