Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hermit Crabs Carry Their Homes Around...

... but we have to find one to live in and pay for it. Hermit crabs are so much smarter than people.
The movers come in a week and a half and we move in less than two weeks.

We're trying to be grown up and buy, but it's still expensive and we're so very new at this grown up thing. For instance, I called about a lovely house today, but it's in escrow... what does that mean? I don't really know... but it means I can't have it.This is us on Christmas morning. I gave Jon a kitchen utensil and he gave me Irish Cream... hmm...

We are discombobulated around here. We want someone else to find the perfect house at the perfect price that we'll make money off of when we move and have it move-in-ready in two weeks. Is that so much to ask?

*sigh*

On a positive note... WE'RE MOVING TO SAN DIEGO IN TWO WEEKS!!!! Oh. the. joy.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so sad that you are moving far away but I'm so happy that you are moving to such an amazing place! I told megan I'd REALLY love to come visit you sometime in the next few years. I really hope I can!

A.C. said...

Congratulations to Jon for getting his wings! I'm so excited for you guys that you get to go to San Diego, but a little sad because I was selfishly hoping you'd be going to Japan too! You'll definitely have to come visit though, because you'll know practically everyone in Japan :-) Good luck with the move!

Megan said...

So I loved that post. I didn't realize I was without comment. Can you not take too long of a blogging hiatus during the move, some of us might get anxious for updates. I have your b-day and Christmas gifts. How do I see you to give them to you???