Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bible Posts are so Serious


"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish it's work in you, so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything... Blessed are those who persevere under trial, because when they have stood the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."

Sometimes, when I get emotional and feel the need to share with the world, I struggle with relevance. With his usual tact, the Hus described it last night like this: "You're just... a passionate person..." So, I shall temper my passion, and embrace relevancy in this post.

My favorite feeling is that exhilarated, dancing, beyond-words joy that comes from running recklessly in the rain, a certain look from my husband, the music of Bach and Enico Morrone, laughter with old friends. It's the feeling of being fully alive. Really alive.

Here's the best part: God doesn't promise us a 'crown of job-well-done' or even a 'crown of victory' when all is said and done. Life. I love the thought that my existence will be crowned - adorned even- by Life. My very favorite feeling will be the last chapter.

That's something to cheer up even a hopelessly passionate girl.

1 comment:

Heather Nicole said...

bahahahaha!!! my husband says the same thing to me! how funny!
this was SUPER encouraging. it reminded me of the verse my parents had on the front of their wedding invitations:
He came so that they may have Life, and have it Abundantly.
so cool right?

I love my Life.