Friday, January 22, 2010

Home

Today the house feels like home. Most everything is put away and I just did chores (laundry, dishes, clean up after the dog who is currently de-stuffing a toy). Since we've been in the SD, I have already seen a guy on a bicycle, holding a surfboard... in traffic. We have met a woman in our neighborhood who must have done a whole lot of drugs in the seventies judging by her frizzalicious brain and hair. I've had one (mediocre) job interview. I've found a fabric outlet, where I'm meeting a friend this afternoon. Jon and I have made guacamole, braised short ribs, chicken soup with homemade broth and broiled tuna. I have fallen in love with our gas stove. And most importantly, the Yellow Dog loves his new fenced in back yard. That has a neighbor's clementine tree hanging over into it.
I have yet to put the office together... papers everywhere. But I'll get to it. There's a door that can be shut until I do.
The picture uploader thing isn't working so well today, so just check out facebook to see pictures of the house. It's not done yet, but will be soon. Next up: painting, pictures and new curtains!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh if you could call me 1000 times over again!