Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Sappiness

I have admitted sappiness and now I also admit that this thought was inspired by a youtube video of Il Divo singing "Amazing Grace" with bagpipes. (Bagpipes, I might add, are a big deal where I come from.) With that in mind, please enjoy the emotionality of a little housewife and know that you've been warned.

So here's something about faith in Christ that has always kinda struck me: It's meaningful at all volumes. My redemption and the realization that I'm free and unconditionally loved inpsire great "HALLELUJAH!"'s and passionate, full song, sung at the top of my lungs. It also inspires a deep need to sing quietly, eyes closed - this faith and freedom is so intensely personal and true that to fully appreciate it's depth, a realization of my smallness has to occur.

The words of the Bible, of "Amazing Grace" and "In Christ Alone" will always be true. No matter what volume they're sung at, whether the voice be old or young, reverent or mocking. The Truth remains unchanged and unchanging. And it's that very solidity that make it so versatily inspiring.

That is pretty amazing. It's the little things that dispell doubts.


"...No guilt in Life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me.
From Life's first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Can ever pluck me from His hand.
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I stand."

No comments: