Monday, October 20, 2008

Just a Thought

Hopefully I will soon put up a fun or funny post. Bear with me, however, as this is a beautifully-put opinion, and perhaps warning to Americans, about the upcoming election from Lori Kalner, a Christian woman who watched Germany turn sour during the 30's and 40's and survived the ensuing Holocaust. Keep in mind, that I don't believe Kalner is suggesting that Obama will lead us to another Holocaust, nor do I suggest that myself by this post. This article merely points out the progession of moral compromises that lead to the downfall of a society and a nation. If we cannot vote for a perfect candidate, let's vote for someone who upholds the way of Christ, regardless of their appearance as a "good man".

"Good Americans, like the good Germans of my youth, many think that the issue of their nation centers around the economy. I tell you now that the fate of the greatest nation on earth does not depend on money.
Every issue must only be judged worthy and true by the Word of God. Prosperity comes to a nation and a people who serve the Lord first. That is a basic spiritual principle which is seen in every book of Holy Scripture.
But here is the TRUTH: of all men in the US government this Obama has most strongly encouraged and urged the on-going slaughter of the unborn... "the useless mouths" of America. This slaughter is performed in the name of "A woman's reproductive rights."*
In the land of my birth, the Holocaust all began with the first step of legalized abortion. Abortion was ENCOURAGED by a downturn in the world economics.
Scripture teaches us the survival of a nation is not about the economy. the only nation which will stand is the nation which follows the Lord and the true teachings of scripture."

"If my people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14



*A note from a not-very-smart-person who studied biology. Scientifically, life begins at conception. (I am not even arguing the Bible here.) If life begins at conception, then a fetus is NOT scientifically (or morally) part of that woman's body, any more than (forgive the analogy) a parasite is genetically part of a cat's intestinal tract. How, then, is abortion not murder for selfish gain?

No comments: