Tuesday, October 21, 2008

APA Format Says to Only Capitalize Words With More Than Three Letters. bob.

Today, while driving home from work, I was stopped behind a truck with a bumper sticker reading, "I fish. ((picture of a fish)) I VOTE."

...Please pause to reflect...

Perhaps this doesn't strike anyone else as odd. (OR perhaps it doesn't strike anyone in Pensacola (aka: "Redneck Riviera") as odd.) Honestly, though, I can't see that fishing aligns a person with any particular political party, thus striking fear into the hearts of members of the opposite political party when viewed on a bumper sticker. Crazy liberals probably get mad when they see "I love Rush Limbaugh and I Vote" stickers. I may get scared when radical hippies display their right to vote, but I'm just not sure what to think when fishermen staunchly proclaim the same rights.

Maybe drivers are supposed to read into the truck stuck to the sticky end of the bumper sticker. Maybe it says, "I don't care about the environment. I love ozone-depletion." or "I use the bed of this truck to haul reclaimed lumber so that we don't needlessly waste trees. I love ozone."

I don't know. Maybe it's just the most refreshing opinion about the current election precisely because it doesn't try to make sense. In which case, I want one.

"I Hang Out. ((picture of a pinata)) I VOTE."

2 comments:

Heather Nicole said...

I sleep. (Zzzz) I vote.


maybe the sticker owner is like trying to show how like even an ordinary fisherman can vote. ???

more likely, it is like secret fisherman code for: let's go vote, and then lets fish. or vise versa.

marigirl said...

I shower. I vote.