Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Mailman

My son has blue eyes and...sigh... light hair. I can't type "blonde". I can't. It's light brown. At the nail salon the other day, the Vietnamese women fawned over him, asking if he wanted a pedicure, what is name was... if his daddy had blue eyes.

No... his daddy has green/brown eyes... just like me.

What about his blonde hair? Does his daddy have blonde hair?

No... his daddy's hair is brown... like mine.

...oh...

I felt compelled to defend myself.

Our mailman, I explained, is Filipino. So no need to worry there.

But in all seriousness, how did these two:
Make THIS baby:
Good thing he looks like his daddy's baby pictures.


Because the milkman is blonde.

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah, he looks too much like John. Besides, I didn't think you had milk delivery last December?

Bek said...

yeah, that was embellishment on my part... I'm the only milk delivery system around here...

Holmans said...

Don't worry, Henry is blonde...so at least Nate isn't the only one! Maybe God didn't want Henry to feel left out! :)

Jenn said...

Bek! baha! Have u seen Alyssa??? Glenn and I both have dark hair and hazel eyes and we got a blondie wth blue eyes! haha

Hadassah said...

Adam has been suspicious ever since our little girl showed up with the most brilliant blue eyes. With me having green eyes and Adam having brown/green, he thinks he is justified. I feel you.