Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I know I have more pet peeves than the average person

"If you haven't got anything nice to say about anybody, come sit next to me."
Alice Roosevelt Longworth

I hate it when people emphasize non-emphasizable vowels in writing. If I'm excited, I type, "Hooray". If I'm really excited, I type, "Hooraaaaaay", because that's how you speak it - prolonging the last "a". When I come across something like, "Adorableeeee" (via facebook stalking this morning), I cringe. Because you don't pronounce the "e" at the end, so you can't prolong it's pronunciation. It doesn't make sense.

I had more written, but I erased them, because it makes me sound terribly cranky. Come to think of it, I haven't had breakfast yet.

Aha!


2 comments:

Sarah said...

oh, my gosh. I am like this, too.

Hadassah said...

I agree completely. I saw the word "Dude" emphasized the other day not as Duuuuuuude! but as Dudeeeee! Seriously? That sounds more like what my two year old does in his pants.